Billing/Cylinder Tracking Clerk
Location: St. Paul
Reports To: Office/Billing Supervisor
Job Status: Non-Exempt
Purpose of the Position:
The Billing/Cylinder Tracking Clerk is responsible for processing the billing of a core customer along with processing their cylinder rent. Review billing data from charge or sales slips and purchase orders to ensure amounts and account numbers are accurate. Calculate billing charges, and assign billing numbers for tracking purposes. Prepares invoices and bills of lading. Submits invoices for supervisory approval of charges and credit terms. This position also manages all Company cylinder tracking inquires and audits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage cylinder tracking for all Company cylinders
- Perform onsite/offsite cylinder audits to ensure accuracy of our cylinder tracking
- Create accounts, tickets and invoices for customers
- Process billing for bulk and cylinder customers and prepare customer warranties
- Keep records and books of business transactions and activities
- Prepare reports for management
- Maintains control of paperwork and forms
- Trouble shoot, make judgments and “think on feet”
- Research data as requested
- Maintain books/records for monthly rentals of welding equipment and cylinders
- Answers telephone and direct calls/take messages and route to personnel
- Respond to customer inquiries related to rent, lost cylinders or billing questions
- Enter data, keyboard, type correspondence, open incoming mail, date stamp, distribute, file, prepare outgoing mail, make copies, print reports, make collections and interface with customers and service accounts
- Perform other job duties as assigned and fill in for other employees in their absence
Education, Experience & Skills
- High school diploma or equivalency
- 3-5 previous office experience with bookkeeping experience
- Average reasoning, math and language skills
- Above average clerical aptitude and ability to perform a variety of duties, attain precise set limits, tolerances and standards, and deal with people
- Computer, calculator, telephone, keyboard, typewriter, copy machine, fax, etc.
Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time. Operate hand/arm, foot/leg controls occasionally. Lift/carry, push/pull up to 50lbs and frequently lift/carry objects up to 25lbs. Reach at and below shoulder level continuously, handle, finger, feel, grasp, stoop, twist head/neck, talk, hear, and see frequently and climb, balance, kneel, crouch, reach above shoulder, flex/extend head/neck occasionally.
Please send your resume or download and complete the application below, then send to: email@example.com
Oxygen Service Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, military service, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law.