Information Technology Manager
Location: St. Paul, MN
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
Job Status: Exempt
Purpose of the Position:
We are hiring an IT Manager who will oversee and ensure that computing systems and equipment are operating effectively and efficiently. To be successful in this position the IT Manager will demonstrate a detailed knowledge of the industry’s best practices and evidence a professional track record of effective technical management, information analysis, and a thorough understanding of computer hardware and software systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead, manage and hold IT staff accountable by recruiting and training employees, communicating job expectations, and monitoring performance
- Oversee the annual IT budget and ensure cost effectiveness
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems
- Develop metrics and monitor internal electronic data systems and any external support systems to ensure they operate effectively
- Maintain the company’s hardware and software systems providing improvements when necessary
- Develop and implement IT policies and best practice guides for the organization
- Preserve assets, information security and control structures
- Set the current and future IT infrastructure to support current and future growth strategies
- Design training programs and workshops for staff members
- Conduct regular system audits to validate the bandwidth and security of the network server
- Suggest, implement and coordinate technology installations, upgrades, and maintenance
- Establish and consistently maintain the EOS/Traction operations through L-10 meetings
- Evaluate technology risks in order to develop a network disaster recovery plan and backup procedures
- Ensure IT hardware, such as handhelds, phones, printers, computers, etc. are properly setup for all employees with the assistance of outside vendors
- Participate in the steering committee for Computers Unlimited to help organize and steer the major projects for the year
- Work closely with IT vendors to solve data problems and assist in the creation of new product capabilities for the company; creating specs for the program, testing, informing management, and coordinate roll out to employees
Education, Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, software engineering, or other related field is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of proven experience leading and managing IT infrastructure and services, or combination of experience and education.
- Experience with computer networks, network administration, and network installation.
- Proficient in computer hardware, cabling installation and support, wireless technology applications and interface, and IT security.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows software, including Server, Office, and Exchange. Previous management and leadership experience is preferred.
- Company provided equipment such as telephones and computer/laptop. Office equipment and computer programs such as Microsoft 365, ERP Software, E-Commerce Platform, and other applicable IT programs.
Please click here to apply for the IT Manager position.
Oxygen Service Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, military service, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law.