Position: Delivery Driver (Bulk/Swing)
Reports to the Gas Distribution Manager
Department: Delivery | Job Status: Non-Exempt | Location: St. Paul
The Delivery Driver (Bulk/Swing) is responsible for completing assigned deliveries to our customers. Deliveries will consist of dropping off/picking up merchandise, cylinders and other items as required by the customer. They will serve as a backup to our route drivers. The operation of equipment such as tanker, tube trailer, flat bed, tractor trailer, and straight truck will be required of this position. Our drivers serve as a main contact to our customers ensuring that top of the line/level/tier service is provided at all customer sites.
- Pull and scan orders for the day to load trucks with materials for route delivery
- Operate company vehicle in a professional, safe and courteous manner following all traffic rules
- Fill in on various routes within the metro area delivering merchandise to our customers
- Perform daily pre/post trip safety inspections and prepare/complete DOT paperwork
- Ensure on time and accurate delivery of appropriate merchandise in accordance with customer invoices
- Provide customer with receipt and/or credit form for merchandise to be picked up
- Complete dock and tailgate stops on route; check and replace empty cylinders is applicable
- Offload empty cylinders at terminal
- Work with the billing department in verifying customer invoices
- Complete various flatbed deliveries including, but not limited to, supporting bulk tank installation/removals
- Deliver and operate high pressure tube trailer(s) at various customer sites
- Deliver and fill various products into bulk tanks at customer sites via tanker
- Perform other job duties as assigned and fill in for other employees in their absence
- High School diploma or equivalency
- 3-5 years of truck driving experience desired
- Able to drive or learn to drive manual transmission truck proficiently
- Class A license with Hazardous Material and Tanker Endorsements required
- Basic knowledge of gases, cryogenics i.e. pressure and compatibility preferred
- Industry experience such as handling cylinders is desired
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Basic customer service experience required
Ability to sit 4 to 5 hours a day with frequent standing, walking, twisting, bending, reaching, pushing/pulling, grasping, and repetitive motions. Frequent lifting of 10-35lbs is required, may at times lift up to 75lbs. Continuously pushing/pulling 10-50lbs, frequently 50-100lbs, and on occasion may push/pull over 100lbs. Ability to work in moderately warm or cold conditions where high noise levels are possible. Capable of traveling more than 50% of the day and work extra hours as needed.
To submit an application please click below to download the application form via PDF. Once the application is completed in full, please email the form and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to apply
Oxygen Service Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, military service, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law.