Moving compressed cylinders to a different location in a personal vehicle is never recommended. If you need to relocate cylinders over a long distance, make sure an authorized transporter does it. However, compressed gas cylinders frequently need to be moved inside a facility. Following these tips minimizes the risk of exposure to compressed gas hazards:
- Securely strap cylinders to an approved cart before moving.
- Always wear safety gloves, glasses, and hard-toed shoes when moving cylinders.
- Keep the protective valve cap in place during transport.
- Never drag or roll a cylinder on its side.
- Avoid lifting or moving a cylinder by the valve or cap.
Accident risks are high when transporting cylinders, and using hand trucks gives peace of mind proper measures are being practiced.