Oxygen Service Company, Inc. (OSC) was founded in 1959 by Bill Lund, Bill Huber, C.N. Jensen and C.R. Jensen. In 1973 the ownership was held by Bill Lund and Bill Huber, due to C.N. Jensen, and C.R. Jensen selling their part of the business. In 1993, Lund and Huber made the decision to sell the company to its 35 employees, creating the 100% employee owned structure that we still have today.
Our business started with only one location in St. Paul, MN. This still holds as our corporate location with the largest supply of our product offerings. We now have five locations through acquiring Earl’s Welding in St. Cloud, MN in 2000, opening up a location in 2013 in Willmar, MN, an automation center in 2018 in Sartell, MN, and our most recent location in Duluth, MN in 2018. With our expansion into these geographical areas, we are now able to service Minnesota, Wisconsin, the Eastern Dakotas, and Northern Iowa.
Starting as a welding supply company, we now offer a comprehensive line of welding, automation and industrial & specialty gases to our customers. Our customer base reaches multiple markets and industries as these products are used in a variety of business operations. From metal fabrication and construction to research and development we handle it all!
The employees at OSC are one of our greatest assets! We all share consistent values of honesty and integrity and truly exhibit the company’s core values. Open communication really fuels and energizes our culture. With a committee focused on the education, promotion and encouragement of the ESOP, we can maintain that employee ownership culture. The culture creates accountability as each employee is personally invested in the success of the company with having shares in the ESOP. The highly engaged team environment allows our knowledgeable staff to provide the best customer service to one another and all our customers.